January 3, 2017
MISSISSIPPI BLUES MARATHON TRAFFIC ANNOUNCEMENT
Race route will cause traffic delays at several intersections this Saturday.
On Saturday, January 7, 2017, the 10th Annual Mississippi Blues Marathon will take runners from all over the country and beyond on a 26.2 mile tour of Jackson. The race route will be passing through a number of major intersections in central and north Jackson, resulting in traffic delays. All of the following intersections involved in the race will be managed by JPD officers who will work traffic through as quickly as possible. Streets will not be closed but drivers should expect delays at each intersection:
- State @ High-7:30-8:00 a.m.
- State @ Fortification-7:30- 8:15 a.m.
- State @ Woodrow Wilson- 7:40-°(c)‐8:30 a.m.
- Old Canton @ Lakeland- 7:40-8:45 a.m.
- Meadowbrook @ Old Canton/Frontage Roads- 8:00-10:00 a.m.
- Northside @ Old Canton- 8:00-10:15 a.m.
- Old Canton @ Wayneland- 8:10-10:30 a.m.
- Ridgewood @ Old Canton- 8:15-10:45 a.m.
- Ridgewood @ Eastover- 8:45 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Lakeland @ Highland- 7:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- North @ Fortification- 8:00 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- State @ Court- 8:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- Pascagoula Street will be closed from Mill to State until noon and all cross streets detoured to State or Gallatin.
2017 will be the tenth running of the Mississippi Blues Marathon, Mississippi's premier running event that has attracted runners from all 50 states and more than 15 countries.
The Mississippi Blues Marathon events include a marathon, half-°(c)‐marathon, quarter marathon, marathon team relay, and kids' run.
The event benefits the Musician's Benevolent Fund of the Mississippi Blues Commission and is sponsored by BlueCross BlueShield of Mississippi.