Thursday, October 25, 2007
Say you have trick-or-treaters coming to your house this year. You have a nice outdoor speaker system and would like to really set the mood for all the little pirates, ballerinas and Harry Potters who come around begging for booty. Or maybe you are planning to pretend you're not home and are looking for a way to scare the crap out of anyone who comes within a few feet of your door. Allow me to give you a few suggestions for a soundtrack that will be just right for All Hallows' Eve.
• Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D Minor (the classic Dracula theme song)
• Orff's "O Fortuna" from "Carmina Burana"
• Anything by Philip Glass if you just want general weirdness
• Scores from old classics like "Psycho"
• Medeski, Martin and Wood's "End of the World Party (Just In Case)"